Old April 12th 04, 11:06 AM
Bruno Freitag

Default correct recording level with Terratec Phono Preamp

I'm converting my old vinyls to CD, using the Terratec Phono preamp.
What is the optimal recording level (in dB). How do I find the optimal
combination between input level (setting min/mid/max on the preamp)
and the "volume" slider in windows recording control. (I assume the
higher the input signal and the less internal amplification the better
- unless the input signal is beyond what the soundcard can convert -
how to find out) Has anybody done the same and some advise/hints?
thx and enjoy
Bruno