Old March 4th 19, 09:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
David W. Hodgins

Default Security Bulletin: NVIDIA GPU Display Driver - February 2019

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 03:22:08 -0500, Ant wrote:

I hope Debian releases the fixes for my decade old GeForce 8800 GT (512
MB of VRAM) video card in oldstable/Jessie v8. I have these packages
right now:
nvidia-kernel-dkms 340.106-1

It's a minor security issue for a linux system. All but one of the cves
are for windows only. The one that is for linux is a side channel attack
similar to spectre that requires running code by a local user.

I don't use debian, so have no idea about their procedures. Does that
version have the spectre and meltdown fixes?

Regards, Dave Hodgins

--
Change to for
email replies.