Old October 18th 18, 02:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Connection Monitor to PC ???

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 07:17:23 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:04:05 +0100 (BST), "rp"
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 05:26:21 -0400,
wrote:

Of course none of this would have happened if my 5 year old my
MINIVIEW SYMPATH 4-VGA-PC monitor-mouse-keyboard-connector no longer
seems to handle the VGA cables I have been using. Strange.
The cable ends now won't fit on the connector. All 4 of 'em. Looks
like someone sat on them but I know noone did. All was okay until I
dismantled and moved all my computer stuff to another room Then I cud
not re-assemble things. I don't understand why things are the way
they are. And then the fact that I cud not connect 2 monitors really
threw me. Life can be strange.

Have you got the connectors upside down? They only go in one way up.

Agreed.

What gets me is that my MINIVIEW SYMPATH 4-VGA-PC
monitor-mouse-keyboard-connector worked for 4/5 years, and gave me
trouble only when I dismantled everything to move. When I went to
re-assemble everything I quickly found that I could no longer connect
the VGA cables to the 'box'. The cables are/were nice beause they
contain connections for mouse and keyboard which means in my case one
keyboard, one mouse, one monitor for up to 4 PCs selected by choice.
Now I can't connect the same cables. I am flabbergasted! Go figure.
I'm gonna hafta try them again! I am missing something.

I am on my second machine now - hence the different signature, Anyway
I have tried using the connector again and forced the VGA cnnectors
and I have one PC working (this one). but , try as I may, I just
cannot connect the second macihine. So. I am stuck.