Old August 28th 03, 03:44 AM
Stephen R. Conrad

I bought a 1100 several Christmas' ago for $59 minus $50 mail in rebate.
That nine dollar printer worked like a champ with cartridges refilled 2 to 3
times each. Recently I decided to replace it with a $49 I-3, ($99 minus $50
rebate). My rebate request was not honored because they said it was
postmarked one day late. The printer has stopped working. Guess I'll go
looking for something diferent now.

"Brendan R. Wehrung" wrote in message
The new issue of PC Magazine has ratings on printer brands and they give
Lexmark products almost an across the board "E", awarding HP an A+.

I write this as a satisfied Lexmark user, aside from the cost of ink--but
I don't print that much that I use more than two sets of carts a year.

Has Lexmark quality declined since I bought my Z52, or is there a vast
audience of unsatisfied users out there? I seem to remember a *lot* more
complaints about HP than Lexmeark here, although this will reflect that a
lot more HP printers are sold.

I've bought a Z65 against the purchase of my next computer (I'll keep my
present one as a fully-equipped backup) and wonder if I should have.

Brendan