Old November 9th 18, 03:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Can Someone Tell Me What Is Going On?

I discovered something last night that has me stumped.
I have two TVs in the house - both have been using a so-called Verizon
set-top box to get TV programming via a wireless Verizon router The
TVs are hardwired to the router via house coax, as is the router. My
two PCs are cat5-connected to the same router even though the latter
could work wireless (wireless showed to be slower). I also have a
tablet and a laptop, both of which get internet wirelessly using same
router.

Having said all that - the other night I accidently disconnected my
router's power, but did not know it (I was not using the web on my
computers). While in that state, I watched TV several hours wth no
problem. Then - I discovered the disconnect, and connected. Then, of
course, my PCs had internet access, All ok.

But then - I thought: How the H was I getting a TV signal?
I repeated the power disconnect just to veriify things, and the same
happened.

I asked a friend, who lives 100 miles away, to try duplicating my
fete, and he said he got no TV at all, which seems logical.

Can anyone suggest how I am getting a TV signal? What don't I know?
Maybe I can stop paying for Verizon TV?

Thanks
Sam