Old September 26th 18, 06:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Finding battery for a SONY VAIO laptop model PCG-71312L orVPCEB11FD

On 9/25/2018 1:18 AM, Paul wrote:
s wrote:
The battery model is VGP-BPS22. The laptop was bought in March 2010 so
I did not find any batteries on Sony website. The laptop cannot run
without being connected to a power cord. The battery in it no longer
works.

I tried the suggestions at
https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/s...icles/00031889 but they
did not help. I see some offered on ebay.com which claim to work, but
I wanted to confirm which battery models would work with this laptop.

1. Where can I find a replacement battery which would work with this
laptop?

2. When buying a battery from unknown seller on Walmart, ebay etc. how
can I verify if that will work properly with this laptop?

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...arket-analysis

Â*Â* "Sony's decision to exit the PC business means
Â*Â*Â* that after 17 years in the industry, the Vaio brand
Â*Â*Â* will probably disappear from western retailers before
Â*Â*Â* the end of 2014."

https://www.theverge.com/2015/8/19/9...america-return

Â*Â* "VAIO also wants to move beyond the PC business"

IDK, I guess that suggests you'll be playing battery roulette.

I've not bought any laptop batteries, so I couldn't tell
you who to trust. (It probably wouldn't be that battery
store at the mall :-) )

Â*Â* Paul

Thanks Paul,

My neighbor was told by his IT friend in office was told that putting
wrong type of battery in a laptop can be a fire hazard.