Old August 22nd 17, 08:39 PM posted to alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Paul[_28_]

Default GIMP - Failed to create thumbnail folder '/home/tahr/.thumbnails/normal'

Adam wrote:

How about brand ? Sapphire vs Gigabyte vs EVGA vs MSI vs other ?
Who makes the best AMD cards ?

I prefer to use the Newegg customer reviews, because those
reviews are for actual product, and they tell you what
the quality is like *today*.

Brand means nothing, in a competitive environment. Anyone
can have an off-day and make crap.

Sapphire used to do contract manufacturing for ATI. When
you saw "ATI branded" video cards at the store, they
were made by Sapphire. But that doesn't mean much now.
I would think any of those companies could make a good
video card. Check the reviews.

Paul