Old October 3rd 07, 08:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Igor

Default Questions about DDR RAM

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 20:32:30 -0400, CBFalconer
wrote:

snip

But, if the MB can handle it, ensure you get ECC capable memory.

My motherboard's manual doesn't say anything about supporting ECC, so I'll
assume that it doesn't.

However, I plan on putting together a PC from scratch in the near future,
so perhaps ECC support is something I should be looking for in a
motherboard.

In a nutshell, why is ECC capable memory more desirable?