Old October 16th 06, 01:31 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
bxf

Default Western Digital "My Book" - Questions

Folkert Rienstra wrote:
"bxf" wrote in message
My MYBOOK included WD Diagnostics software, which enables me to view the SMART data on the WD drive

You might wanna tell babblebot I and babblebot II about it.
They repeatedly say that it can't be done.

Unfortunately, I can't take a screenshot of the output, but I assure
"them" that it works - unless the utility is pulling numbers out of the
air.

The utility is called "Western Digital Data Lifeguard for Windows -
DLGDIAG for Windows". I suspect (not sure) that anybody can dowsnload
it from the WD site.