Old March 29th 06, 01:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default PCI IRQ Routing Table Error on POST causes loads of video problems.

JAD wrote:
8 beep error in what order just a steady beep or short long

"jonfaquit" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've had to have cleared the CMOS about 30 times so far

'Load defaults' even gives me the 8 error beeps...

I just tried throwing this video card in my old 32bit system and as I
thought, no problem whatsoever, so it can't be the card.

It's really 1 long, 8 short:

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml says it's:

1 long, 8short: Display / retrace test failed. Reseat the video card.
8short: Your video card isn't working. Make sure it is seated well in
the bus. If it still beeps, either the whole card is bad or the memory
on it is. Best bet is to install another video card.

....and there's nothing wrong with the video card cause I've tested it
in my old system today and didn't get any bios or OS errors.