Old December 22nd 03, 01:29 AM
Tom Scales

Doesn't matter, as you'll never boot from it. Something is forcing it to
try to network boot.

Tom
"Alan Kerr" wrote in message
I tried it and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Should I enmable it
again or is it meant to be diabled?

Alan

Tom Scales wrote:
Yes, it is. I think you need to disable that from the boot order.

"Kevin Childers" wrote in message

Ethernet Controller is your LAN/NIC Card I presume.

KC

"Alan Kerr" wrote in message

Tom, the boot order is:

IDE CD-Rom Drive First
Diskette Drive (A) Second
USB Drive Third
HDD (C) Fourth
Compaq Ethernet controller Fifth

It doesn't mention LAN in the order.

Cheers
Alan

Tom Scales wrote:

Ah.

If I understand the process correctly, Lines 1&2 are a DIFFERENT

message

than the remaining lines and are UNRELATED to your 2940.

PXE is the process to boot your machine from a LAN image of the OS.

It

sounds like your LAN card supports it, but doesn't have the PXE BIOS
installed. Not uncommon. Go into the BIOS and look around for boot

options.

Make sure LAN is not in the order.

Let us know if that works.

Tom
"Alan Kerr" wrote in message
. ..

Initializing Intel Boot Agent Version 4.1.08
PXE 2.1 Build 083 (WfM 2.0) RPL V2.74
Adaptec AHA-2940 BIOS V1.16
(c) 1995 Adaptec, Inc, All Rights Reserved
Press CtrlA for SCSI Select (Tm) Utility
BIOS not installed

F1 Boot

Tom that's most the screen g any help appreciated

Alan

Tom Scales wrote:

What's the error message that is making it stall?
"Alan Kerr" wrote in message
. ..

I fitted a 2940 SCSI card to my W4000. Adaptec haven't written a

driver

for XP to support the 2940 but it works fine with the XP driver.

The
problem is when I boot up it stalls and I have to hit F1 for it to
finish booting up. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem

Thanks
Alan