Old June 6th 04, 04:30 PM
Ken K

Default New SATA drive not "seen" P4PE

I have a P4PE with SATA connectors. I have installed a new Hitachi
120GB hdd and have tried to have it recognized by enabling the SATA/RAID
controller and enabling ATA onboard first options but to no avail. On
POST the Primary drive reports None. The drive is a mirror of an IDE
drive and is replete with OS and files. I can "see" that these files
are all there when I have gone into Win2000 Command Console but I cannot
get the drive to boot, presumably because it is not recognized.

Before I go further, I would like to know if there are any other BIOS
settings that I need to tweak. For example, does it do anything to a
SATA drive if I define the Primary Hard drive specs (cylinders, etc.)
or does that only pertain to the hdd on the Primary IDE connector?

Thanks
Ken K