Old December 2nd 18, 08:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default "HDMI with ethernet" feedback into DVI blowing up monitor ?

I am newb to HDMI, apperently there are 4 types, the cable I used was described on the product box as:

"High Speed HDMI Cable with ethernet"

I am now worried that this might have caused damage somehow ? Hmmm...

4 types described here, with a 5th on the way:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2030...s-supreme.html

"
Standard HDMI Cable: Provides sufficient bandwidth for only 720p and 1080i resolution video.

Standard HDMI Cable with ethernet: Has the same bandwidth, but adds support for 100Mbps ethernet.

High Speed HDMI Cable: Provides more bandwidth, and can carry video with a resolution of 1080p or higher (up to 4096x2160, or 4K, but at a maximum refresh rate of just 24Hz, which is fine for movies, but terrible for games). This type of cable can also handle 3D video.

High Speed HDMI Cable with ethernet: Supports the same resolutions as High Speed HDMI Cable, as well as 3D, and adds support for 100Mbps ethernet.
"

Bye,
Skybuck.