Old January 7th 04, 03:33 PM
Quaoar

Roger wrote:
I've got a Compaq Presario X1007EA and after reinstalling Windows XP
HE everything works fine except 4 irritating bugs(?):

1/ When Windows starts, the Taskbar only shows wwhat it feels like
showing. It happends (rarely!) that every program/service that
starts with Windows shows an icon in the tray area, just as they
should. But more often only a few of them appears. The rest is
invisible (but the service/program is running).

2/ Not so often, but also after booting up, the keyboard is totaally
dead. Everything works as it should, except for the keyboard. After a
reset it works again.

3/ And sometimes, as now wwhen I aam typing this, the keystrokes
generate ddouble letters. (And it makes me more crrazy then I already
am!!!)

4/ When I get a dialog window as in Office when choosing Printer or
Settings or something else that ggenerates a dialog window, it places
itself UNDER the main window/program. I have to minimize it to get to
it.

Does anybody recognise the symptoms?

What is wwrong?

I have installed the latest patches and updates both from Compaq and
Microsoft.

Is it posssible that Service Pack 2 for XP can cure it?

Roger, Sweden

Problem 1: I have five WinXP Home computers. All of them show this
taskbar behavior. I believe that it started after one of the more
recent security updates since each one has the "feature".

Other problems: I am wondering if all of these problems are related to
a failed keyboard or a loose keyboard cable connection. Even the
windowing problem can be attributed to a rogue enter key signal which
forces the background window to the top. Perhaps restore a new copy of
the keyboard drivers might handle this also.