Old October 22nd 03, 02:06 PM
dgk

On 22 Oct 2003 05:46:14 GMT, xnxnxnx (FOR7b) wrote:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that if 2 separate burners are hooked up,
it is possible to record different discs at the same time. I think that it
involved duplicating the software used to burn the CDR and choosing the
appropriate burner/drive for the respective disc being burned.

Of course, in trying to find a Usenet article concerning this, I found
nothing! Did I imagine this? Much thanks for any help!
_____________________
Regards, Paul Soderman

I'm also on AOL as Kidpocono

I have Nero and two identical writers and have yet to be able to figure out how
to write to both from the same time. It is said Nero supports that but they
certainly don't make it easy for you to find such a feature.

Nero allows you to select the recorder to use so at least in theory it
should work. I get a choice of the DVD burner or CD burner. You can
try to have two separate installs of Nero and that might even preserve
your settings for the two separate installs, depending on how much is
saved in the registry and not the individual config files.

I think you would have issues with having both burners on the same IDE
channel though. Maybe DMA would be a problem. Copying on the fly would
likely be problematic even if you have an extra CD installed. But a
hard drive should be able to keep up with the demands of both burners
for normal use.