Old September 21st 09, 01:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

Default Compaq Desk Pro ESN POST beeps

POST isn't PC specific - it's BIOS maker specific
So just check Google for more info, but that code is video problem
here's one:
http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/awardB12-c.html

"davejneal" wrote in message

hey all,

not been able to find this elsewhere on the interweb, apols,

have a deskpro ENS that I've pulled out of a cupboard.

when I boot it, no video and I get one short beep, 2 long.

after that everything seems to carry on, but who knows, no video :-)

any ideas please, anywhere I can get a list of all the beeps ? the HP
website give some but not all.

box is a Deskpro ENS P550 ( small form factor jobbie )

many thanks in advance

Dave