Old July 17th 03, 08:52 AM
John Edward Scott

"Dillon Family" wrote in message
I did a search on that amdk7.sys file, and I seem to have it in several
locations on my XP laptop, including in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS and
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 as well as C:\I386 and some file folders
with long numerical strings. So, I guess I have the software (all the

files
in question have the Date Modified as 8/29/2002. It just doesn't show up

as
a separate function in the power section of Control Panel.

Thanks.

SNIP

Hi Dillon,

Hmmm, well from what I understand (and its been a *long slow* learning
process!) the Windows Update for XP should install that file for you,
although by the sounds of what you've described (i.e. nothing showing up in
Control Panel) it sounds like its downloaded it but not installed
it....although I may be wrong.

One think you could try....you could download the PowerNow Dashboard
application from the AMD website and see if it complains that PowerNow isn't
installed (I think when I first ran it something like "PowerNow is
available, but not installed" came up)....it's worth a try.

John.