Old September 16th 14, 07:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Charlie Hoffpauir

Default Is 2.5 inch disk drive suitable for desktop?

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 14:47:20 -0700, Ed Light
wrote:

On 9/14/2014 7:21 PM, John Doe wrote:
Of course how much an SSD increases performance depends on what
exactly the "old SATA interface" is. Most likely it will provide a
very nice boost in speed because it affects so much of the system.
For anybody that wants to keep such a system, it's the only way to
go. Especially since the conventional hard drive is sitting there
ready to be bumped into its useful secondary position.

Except that SSD's sometimes quit without warning.

As does my heart (one attack so far) and yet I continue to rely on it.