Old January 5th 09, 03:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Ed Medlin

Default Which temp are right.

"Dumbo" wrote in message
Has anyone got a sure way of monitoring the CPU temperature accurately.
When idle in BIOS my CPU displays as 45C but `Core Temp` shows it as 50C
and real temp as 36C. SANDRA shows a third different temperature and a
fourth from Everest.

How do I know which is right and are the temp sensors on the motherboard
that accurate anyway.

Robin

Everest, Sandra and Core Temp show the same on my i7 920 processor. At least
within a couple of degC. Bios temp should be the higher one since the hlt
command is not active outside the OS (this could change if you have a lot of
processes running). Make sure you have the latest versions of your
monitoring software.

Ed