Old July 8th 03, 10:34 AM
Rob King

"SFR" marre du spam wrote in message
Now, I have read a number of posts from people with 700s which are

locking
up due to overheating. Compaq, of course, won't acknowledge my emails.

If they send it back saying they can't see anything wrong with it, how

can
prove that it's not working properly? About the only thing I can think

of
it videotaping it.

I'd also be very keen to hear from anyone else with a 700 or Evo N115

who
has had similar problems. Perhaps if I can show other people have the

same
problems, they won't look at me like I'm imagining it.

Hi !

First of all, there is a customer advisory available abouth this

overheating
issue (see below, advisory that recommends a KBC (and BIOS, usually too)
update first)

Also, if this is not enough, usually heatsink replacement is suggested by
Tech Support if unit still under warranty.

Hope this helps a little bit !

Yeah I've seen those. Unfortunately I can't try them until the guy fixing
it throws up his hands and declares there's nothing wrong with it. :-)