Old July 6th 03, 06:15 AM
Bob Nielsen

Well, O.K., an update....now, when I put a CD or DVD into either drive (1
CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive, one CD-RW), it opens up PowerDesk 5.0 (my file
manager), showing whatever drive I'm using, but still won't run the proper
apps (i.e., QCD for audio CD's, NVDVD for DVD's, or executable files for app
or game CD's).

Bob

"Bob Nielsen" wrote in message
The problem is XP ISN'T detecting the media - for example....I have, using
the procedure you described, set up NVDVD as my app for playing DVD

movies.
I put my "Flight of the Intruder" DVD in my DVD ROM drive, the drive spins
up....and....nothing happens! Same thing w/music CD's or game CD's.

Bob

"mark24951" wrote in message

From Windows XP Help

To change how your computer handles multimedia content
Open My Computer.
Under Devices with Removable Storage, right-click the device you want,
such as a digital camera or CD-ROM drive, and then click Properties.
On the AutoPlay tab, click the multimedia content type you want to

change.
Under Actions, click the action you want Windows to perform when it
detects the media type you selected.
Notes

To open My Computer, double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
Your removable storage device must be attached to your computer for it
to appear in the My Computer folder.