Old July 10th 16, 02:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Bob F

Default Anyone here with 771 to 775 converter sticker experience for Xeon 771processors?

I played with this a lot a couple years ago. I finally gave up when I
started getting crashes on systems that had worked fine for many months.
I found that the 771 to 775 stickers seemed to fail after long usage.
The system would start crashing, more and more over time. I finally
figured out that if I removed and replaced the sticker, or removed it
and scraped the contacts, then re-installed it, the system would start
work again - for awhile.

I don't know if I had a bad batch of stickers (they were cheap), or if
anyone else has had similar problems. I've got half a dozen of these
processors I could put to use if I came up with a solution.

Has anyone used these stickers over the long term and never had this
problem, or did you have the problem?

I couldn't find anything about this on the "delidded" site that details
this conversion.

http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/