Old November 29th 04, 12:48 PM
John Hardaker

If you have nothing to do for an hour or so take a trip to PC-World and look
for a bargain. As least you will look at everything they have got and it
will be very entertaining if you know your prices. I have even, once I
think, bought something on offer. At least it is warm and out of the rain.
"Can I help you, Sir" "Yes, why is this so and so twice (three) times the
price I can buy it for somewhere else?" "Is that mail order, Sir? We don't
compete with mail order."
Three groups buy from them: 1) I want it now 2) I don't know what things
cost 3) I don't care what things cost as I have a) lots of money b) I'm not
paying - the company is. Or, even, he's a very nice man (lady) and I want to
buy from him (her).
Would anybody like to talk about the price of car spares?

wrote in message
After some weeks looking around for a USB PCI card with some internal
connectors, and finding no budget kit in stock at the usual suspects,
I decided to look at PCWorld's site. (I'd site an ad for a sale.)

PCWorld has an offshoot that sells components. There, I found not just
one option, but two, one with a higher spec than anything else I'd
seen, and at a lower price than the likes of eBuyer.

Start at:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/pccomponents/

Not a big catalogue, but might help you out of a hole for stuff needed
in a hurry.

Then again, it may not turn up before Christmas!

Michael Kenward Words for sale