Old July 13th 03, 03:02 AM
Observer3

Thanks for the response, Ed. If I may, one last question about
laptop batteries. Is there such a thing as 'overcharging' a battery? Or
can you let it charge indefinitely?

"Edward J. Neth" wrote in message
news
No need to turn off the power. Some notebooks charge while they're on,

and
others do not. On those that do, it usually takes longer to charge a
battery while the notebook is powered on. If the power is connected and

the
battery isn't fully charged, it will charge even if the power is turned

off.

"Observer3" wrote in message
Hello Gateway group. I have three quick questions about laptops and
batteries.

1) When you plug-in and unplug the AC adapter for laptops, do you need to
turn the computer off first? I thought there might be some safety issues
here.

2) It is my understanding that when the AC adapter is plugged in and
running, the battery automatically begins charging, without the need for

the
user to do anything, such as launching a program or pushing any buttons.

Is
that correct?

3) Does the battery charge even while the computer is turned off?