Old March 31st 10, 12:53 PM posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99

Default Has anybody ever connected a Linux machine to a Windows machineon a network?

On Mar 31, 12:57*pm, John Williamson
wrote:
RayLopez99 wrote:

Yeah, after YEARS and YEARS of working on it John.

Let's face it: *Linux has no Plug-and-Play. 'Nuff said.

When was the last time you actually *used* a Linux system?

If the answer is more than a couple of years ago, then you'll be
surprised how much more "just works" nowadays. You may also be surprised
at how much can be done through the GUI, too.

Fair point. That is indeed the allure of Linux. But the way I see
it, it's like passing by a crummy bar, club or pub that you visited
years ago and had a bad time in: no service, bad beer, rude bartender,
ugly barflies or worse, no girls at all. Now you pass by the
storefront a second time and see a new sign: "Under new management!".
Do you check it out, or do you assume it's just another ploy by the
owner to get customers (it's well known in the club management scene
that one owner typically controls several pubs/bars/clubs, even though
they seem to "compete" against each other--at least that's the way it
is in the USA and in GRE as well).

Nope, I may be a fool, but I'm no sucker.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"--Yiddish
proverb.

Shame on you John.

RL