Old November 21st 11, 12:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.math,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Rhaspun

Default The Monitor Inch Lie...

On Nov 20, 12:07*am, (GMAN) wrote:
In article me.nl, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:

"Frederick Williams" *wrote in message

Skybuck Flying wrote:

[...]
less pixels than a 15 inch monitor.

[...]
more vertical lines, and less horizontal lines, saving on pixels on the
horizontal lines, so the ultimately reason is: less pixels to produce.

"
Fewer.

ICL used to make a monitor which one could align in landscape mode or
portrait mode according to what one was doing. *For example, editing a
page of a document was best done in portrait mode.
"

Rotating the monitor does not increase pixel count.

My HP L2335 can rotate and I never use it, I know some people do use
portrait mode.

I still would like to have a square monitor with 2000x2000 pixels so I don't
have to choose between landscape or portrait and can always use my monitor
for any task

Simply put: some more vertical screen space would be nice, though I shall
admit horizontal space is more important for now, perhaps because gui's have
adepted to 16:10/16:9.

Bye,
*Skybuck.

Seriousely Skybuck, it is not normal for a *person to go on and on and on
about **** that doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things.

No kidding. I look at the published screen size, at the physical
dimension and the specs. Must importantly I look at the monitor. If it
looks good then it's all good to go.