Old December 25th 10, 03:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BillW50

Default Windows 7 Memory Question (slightly OFF-TOPIC)

In ,
Ben Myers typed on Sat, 25 Dec 2010 00:46:17 -0500:
Well, they are Bestec power supplies. Likely that the installation of
the DLink card caused a power supply malfunction.

Yes it sure points to this, doesn't it?

One of the other postings here refers to a detailed enginnering-level
analysis and explanation of the serious shortcomings in the design of
the Bestec power supplies, right down to a leaked capacitor inside.
Interesting reading, and it corroborates what I have seen and other
have too.

Wow! I would have loved reading this. I searched back to October 7th and
I could not find it (just this thread). Did a search on Google groups
and was surprised to find almost nothing. I guess I should peek in here
more often. ;-)

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3