Old June 12th 11, 03:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BillW50

Default Can't write to flashdrive?

In ,
mm wrote:
On Wed, 18 May 2011 13:36:10 +1200, Tom Cole
wrote:

[...]
With a flash disk inserted,

I guess I don't see this, because I usually don't have a flash disk
inserted, especially when I'm wandering around screens like Device
Manager.

Device manager, Disk drives, double-click the flash disk,
Policies tab. Select 'Optimise for quick removal'.

Ah, disable write caching. Yes, I can see why that is important here.

It's still safer to also click on the icon in the systray when
removing.

Okay. I'll still do it.

Thanks a lot, Tom.

Along these same lines, there is a program called "USB Safely Remove".
It works far better than the one built into Windows. And I use it on all
of my computers. It is one of those programs that once you use it, you
never want to be without. ;-)

http://safelyremove.com/

--
Bill
Centrino Core Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3