Old November 26th 16, 02:15 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Can't format 64 GB USB flash drives as FAT32?

On 11/26/2016 12:59 AM, Ed Light wrote:
I always format usb drives ntfs, because I remember how easily FAT 32
got wrecked when Win 98 crashed. Many errors to fix. I don't know if
it's true, but I read an article saying that ntfs is faster on clusters
of small files than fat 32.

It's a legitimate filesystem to put on a USB stick, if all you ever want
to do is have it read by other PC's. I sometimes use my USB sticks in
settop boxes and DVD players too, and they don't read NTFS. But the NTFS
is a more robust filesystem, for sure.

Yousuf Khan