Old November 26th 16, 01:17 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Default Can't format 64 GB USB flash drives as FAT32?

In message , Yousuf Khan
writes:
[]
ExFAT is proprietary, Microsoft wants to charge money for using it. The
patents on FAT32 and NTFS ran out long ago, that's why Linux can now

[]
And Neill Massello says:

That's my understanding of why Apple doesn't provide full support for
NTFS: it's proprietary.

I guess you _could_ both be right! Though I saw Yousuf's post first.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

A man does not have to be an angel in order to be saint.
Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965)