Old January 7th 04, 02:23 PM
ratched

The fact that your PC usually locks up or reboots during a game
suggests that the issue is probably related to the graphics card or
the sound card. Especially since the graphics card is the only new
addition. Is the AA and vsync off? I know you installed the latest
nVidia drivers for your card, but are they specific to the card's
manufacturer? Also have you updated your Audigy drivers?

This guy is having a similar problem:
http://forums.amdmb.com/showthread.p...ghlight=a7s333
Apparently you Ihave/I to buy decent RAM for this board. It
really has to be 2700. If you reset all the memory timings in the
BIOS to the slowest (highest) number you might have some luck. While
you're in there, try disabling your fast writes and changing the
graphics aperture size to as high as it'll go (probably 256mb).

NT and jamotto have the right idea about running the system with the
bare minimum of components, adding gradually until you identify the
problem. If you remove the soundcard and the problem goes away, you
could try putting the soundcard in a PCI slot further away from your
AGP slot to eliminate noise. If you put the soundcard (or modem) in
PCI slot #2, I think you're 'sharing' the slot with the onboard sound,
so PCI slots #3 & #4 are better options. Probably a good idea to
check whether onboard sound is still active in the BIOS as well.

I guess you've already checked the seating of both video and
soundcards to see that they're firmly screwed in and that there is no
dust in the slots. Also if you moved house there is the [small]
possibility that the mobo has shifted and is intermittently coming
into contact with the plate. If this is the case, make sure the board
is well insulated and that you use plenty of well placed risers when
you reassemble.

Also, check your CPU. Might be that all it needs is a quick clean and
some Arctic Silver paste.
http://www.arcticsilver.com/instructions.htm

Please post your results and I'll see if I can help any further.

Regards,

Ratched