Old May 6th 05, 03:38 PM
Pat

"Gelu Laurent" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think i will go for a 325J with a P5P800 Mobo (Socket T with I865).
The price of this mobo is equivalent to the cheapest Intel / Asus I478
Mobo.

I'm looking to identify any overclocking test with the Celeron 325J,
but seems to be hard to see some O/C test on this CPU.

I hope that 3,8Ghz will not be too enthousiast for that CPU. (Else i
will go back to 667 Mhz bus speed, so about 2.9Ghz).

I think that's a good decision. That also gives you some sort of upgrade
path if you ever decide to go P4. Although, it sounds like you'd be limited
to single core in any upgrades.

And don't forget, most motherboards will allow PCI and AGP ( and probably
PCI-Express) frequency locking. So don't be too afraid to go with a
non-standard FSB. Of course, benchmarking will tell you for sure, but I
don't see any reason why you couldn't run it at alike a 720 FSB with memory
at 180 mhz. That would give you 3.42 Ghz.

Best of luck. Post your results here. I'd like to see how you do.

Pat