Old October 28th 04, 09:06 AM
Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:12:21 -0400, Keith R. Williams
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Curious... How are you going to measure the device power/current?

I suppose you could get a rough idea by monitoring the power
consumption on the AC side with a wattmeter. Of course this figure
would be influenced by the PSU's efficiency, but you could estimate
this by testing with a fixed resistive load on the +5V rail, say. For
example, if adding a 20W DC load drew an additional 25W from the
mains, then the PSU's efficiency would be 80%.

- Franc Zabkar