Old September 1st 04, 10:10 AM
Tom Scales

Hmm, interesting that the replies have all been negative. SP2 works fine for
me and I know of many others without problems too.

I'd suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the modem drivers first and see
if that solves the problem.

Tom
"Gojira" wrote in message
If you took the precaution of creating a restore point before you
installed
SP2,I suggest you use it.This update has caused an incredible amount of
problems.
"Joe Meadors" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm running a Compaq Presario 5868 with WindowsXP Home Edition and SP2
installed.

I also use a dial-up connection.

Whenever I hang up and try to connect again I get an error message
telling
me the modem is off the hook. Error 676. When I reboot everything is

fine
until I hang up again and get the same error message.

Didn't have the problem before SP2.

Any suggestions?

Warmest regards,

Joe