Old September 1st 04, 08:19 AM
Gojira

I didn't install it at all once I learned of the problems it's
caused,especially in the area of browser problems,internet
connections,modems,ect.,anything related to online functions.It's supposed
to be mainly a security update,but I swear it's caused as many problems as
any virus could!
"Euclid" wrote in message
link.net...
Ditto. I uninstalled SP2, which caused too many problems. But that didn't
return my computer to pre-SP2 condition entirely. I had to use my System
Restore point to get everything back to normal. Fortunately I had applied
the Compaq/HP System Restore update, and then made a restore point prior

installing SP2, so it worked OK.
-E

"Gojira" wrote in message
If you took the precaution of creating a restore point before you

installed
SP2,I suggest you use it.This update has caused an incredible amount of
problems.
"Joe Meadors" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm running a Compaq Presario 5868 with WindowsXP Home Edition and SP2
installed.

I also use a dial-up connection.

Whenever I hang up and try to connect again I get an error message

telling
me the modem is off the hook. Error 676. When I reboot everything is

fine
until I hang up again and get the same error message.

Didn't have the problem before SP2.

Any suggestions?

Warmest regards,

Joe