Old July 11th 06, 10:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
js

Default New Gateway Need Help

Thanks guys for your help. I set up the computer but have problems.

1 When the computer starts it shows a lot of info in black and white
then tells me to press F22 to restore from Cd/Dvd then it starts
regular windows.

2 Under My Computer properties, it says I'm running Media Center
2002 with sp2. I'm supposed to have Media Center 2005.

I'm going to re-install, with the Media Center 2005 system
disc,that came with the computer if that doesn't work, I'm returning
the computer to the store.

Joe

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:01:56 -0400, js wrote:

I just bought the GT5082 Dual core processor Media Center Desktop,
yesterday, I haven't set it up yet.

1. Only 1 Recovery Cd was included and a Getting started brochure,

no cds for software, no manuals , is this normal?

I'm used to Dell and HP they always include all of the above.

I checked Gateway support , documents, they don't even list this
Model yet. I think it came out in May 06.

2. The hard drive is 250 G I want to partition the drive , I
understand that with Ntsc I can only add 3 more partitions.
What's the best program to use ?
I have Partition Magic and several others.

Thanks for any help.

Joe