Old April 16th 05, 02:04 AM
Randy

Although Compaq has told me it is a problem with the HD, I am not
convinced it is a hardware drive configuration, unless it is not
compatible with the QR program. I do not think the disk partitioning
provided in the QR program is configuring the hard drive correctly.
When
trying to run the QR program, during the portion from disk #1 where it
is a
"windows looking" restore program (as opposed to the red & blue screen
throughout the remainder of the process) it gets to 30% and stops
returning:
"Error #1822, Error: No partitions selected" From here it reboots and
continues running the QR program through the "dos looking" (red & blue
screens). But it comes back to non-system disk, which I think is
because it
does not complete this one step. I have tried to manually partition
the hard drive through fdisk & format to the settings that would be
acceptable to the QR program that would prevent the QR process from
re-partitioning. However, this still invokes the QR to re-configure....