Old September 10th 04, 07:51 PM
Mike Walsh

Boot to DOS and run
Copy filename.prn prn
This will usually also work from a command prompt in windows. The print format will be correct using the printer that the file was created for. The "print to file" command is handy if the printer is not available when you want to print a document, e.g. when the printer is not connected to a laptop or the printer is out of ink.

James D wrote:

OK, So for the longest time I have seen the option to "print to file" when
printing something. So I decided to print to file to see what would happen.
Well it puts a .prn file on my desktop. I try to open it but no program
recognizes it. Dooes anyone here know what to do with a .prn file? Thanks.

--

When replying by Email include NewSGrouP (case sensitive) in Subject

Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.