Old April 21st 04, 04:48 AM
Gert B. Frob

"Pete" wrote in message

"mark" wrote in message
news:41Vgc.184$C24.165@newsfe1-win...

"anthony fidler" wrote in message
news:%0tgc.436$Gq3.31@newsfe1-win...
Can only get my home network to work if I turn off my zonealarm

firewall.
Have only two pc`s connected by ethernet cable, any suggestions

please?

You need to set the zones for it to work.

Under firewall you have 2 tabs Main and Zone, there should be an entry

for
your internet connection and one that shows your network cards ip

address.
Set the network card to trusted and you should then be able to access

each
pc's shared folders

Mark

You also need to have the paid for version of Zonealarm, the free
donwloadable version doesn`t support networking. I tried. IIRC theres
some info on this on the zonealarm website.

Pete

Not so. The free version supports trusted zones.