Old November 23rd 04, 09:53 PM
tellme

The dual layer drive writes on two sides of a cd. You have to purchase
these cds as you can not write on the cds that we are currently using.

My experience has been that so far the DL is not totally reliable when
writing DVD.
The Phillips that comes in the Dell computers are a nightmare.

Unless you are going to write with DL cds and do extensive dvd
authoring I would get a writer that is more reliable and wait till
they perfect these more.

Two layers.

Dual layer drives have double the capacity
"Brian J" wrote in message
Hi, what is the difference between a dual layer drive and not dual layer
drive? Thanks....