Old October 28th 05, 01:18 PM
Alan Walpool

Default IBM defends the indefensible

"Del" == Del Cecchi writes:

Del "Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
Del news
keith wrote:
Ok, but am I the only one who detects Intel trying to defend the
indefensable? IBM tried to hold the "upper ground" too, oh, about
15 years ago. ...and had a better position (different ISA).

Hey, speaking of IBM defending the indefensible. They just picked
up Solaris as one of their OS choices on their blade servers.

Sun freezes hell, gets IBM to sell Solaris on blades | The
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10..._solarisblade/

Yousuf Khan

Del You must have missed this back in june....

Del http://news.com.com/IBM+backs+Suns+S...3-5764485.html

Del remember the new ibm motto, "anything for a buck" :-)

Del del

Actually no surprise here. This is the direction IBM has been moving
for some time and that is OS neutral. IBM has been changing to a
service company and has stated that clearly. The only hardware
division IBM wants to keep is the mainframe division because there is
very little competition and it is still a cash cow.

Heck if they can sale windows they can sale anything ;-)). Well
depends on the contract with M$, but I think after the last anti-trust
lawsuit that M$ won't have a contract like that soon.

Whatever.

Alan