Old December 30th 10, 08:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skipai

Default Need help setting refresh rate on 250 GTS

On 28/12/2010 11:26, Dennis Coggia wrote:
I have a brand new 250 hz lcd TV, sony nx800 line. The GTS 250 is suppossed
to support 250hz but I'm not having any luck. Do I have to "force" it with
software?
Thanks in advance...

The 250hz thing is post-processing done by the TV itself. It actually
only accepts a 50-60hz input. My Samsung does 200hz but again it only
accepts a 50-60hz signal from VGA or HDMI connection.

You be fine with 60hz, the TV will output it to 250hz but usually when
it comes to PC input it won't do this. You cannot force it to accept it.

It's a common mistake that TV manufacturers have brought on by trying to
sell a TV to customers by putting higher hertz but that's done by
post-processing a 50-60hz signal.

--
Skipai