Old October 10th 03, 09:27 PM
Manno

I am having similar mouse/keyboard both USB issues. But I need to work on a
few things before I comment.
I was having trouble before I started upping the #,s.
"Wayne Youngman" wrote in message

"Wayne Youngman" wrote
Hi,

just a bit of feedback. I encountered my first niggle with my new

system.
About once a fortnight when I boot the PC my new MS-intellimouse doesn't
work. If I do an immediate restart all is well. I guess this is a side
effect of running a above spec FSB. I still didn't around to mounting a
heatsink on my Southbridge, but I suspect heat isn't a problem as the
machine is just booted when the problem begins (so Southbridge is fairly
cool).

SATA is working well as is the SoundStorm audio which are both

Southbridge
believe. I still don't have any fire stuff to test that yet. . .

Anyway no big deal, just thought I would share my observations.

"David Clarke" wrote
Just a suggestion but do you have another PC you can use the mouse with

for
a couple of weeks to see if the problem remains. Also have you tried
re-installing the drives.

Hi David,

thanks for suggestions. Hmmm I never considered there may be a small
problem with my new MS USB mouse. I suspect the (tiny, tiny) problem may

be
due to running the NF7-S FSB @220Mhz, but as I said it happens very

rarely.
If I run the FSB @200MHz all is fine. As for re-installing drivers, I

don't
use any drivers for the MS mouse except what is built into WinXP Pro SP1.
The two times I booted into XP and had no mouse there was no LED at all
shining out the intellimouse, like it wasn't receiving power, I tried to
remove the USB connector from the back of the P.C and then re-plug it in

see if windows would pick it up, but no?. A quick restart and bingo its
back. Right now I am writing this post on my NF7-S with FSB 220MHz and

its
working flawlessly, so as I said before this isn't what I would call a
problem, just like to share experiences with the rest of the group. .

cheers,
--
Wayne ][

Barton (AQXEA) XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz (10x220) - 1.75vCore
CoolerMaster Aero 7 Lite - 3,200rpm
ABIT NF7-S (v2.0 - BIOS#14)
512MB Dual TwiSTER PC3500 @ DDR440 1:1 (8,3,3,2.0 - 2.8v)
Sapphire Atlantis 9800 - 3.3ns Samsung
240GB (2x120GB) WD-SE SATA RAID-0 (16k Stripe)
Antec SX630II Mini-Tower Case Inc 300w PSU
WinXP-PRO-SP1
Cat 3.7 - DX9.0b