Old May 20th 14, 10:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dominique

Default 8 gig RAM on older hardware

Flasherly écrivait
:

On Tue, 20 May 2014 19:32:21 +0000 (UTC), Dominique
wrote:

I already have a desktop for recording, the laptop is mainly for live
situations. It does most of the jobs I throw at it. I was wondering if

could give it a little more power but I can live with it. I will try to

go
64 bits though.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/281342292382

Can't find 'em, exactly pictured (they're rare), though similar to
$2600 array references - first row, far right pictures: I've two
silver domes, two mids, thicker-depth cabinet with 10" passive
radiators in the back (also features a passive cable for mixing
imaging -- except it messes with amp impediances, so I've the cable
disconnected).

These aren't floor speakers - need to be raised up then ideally set
up.

250watts rated speakers into the Carver's output: 100watts RMS at
180watts reserves for peak. It's a 50lb. boat.

Speakers don't really kick in until at 20watts.

--
Yea, that's the deal with live recording. Macs are popular with the
industry, although $10K might be feasible, too, considering pro;-

So what was you saying -- just about ready and gonn'a stuff, jam,
hammer up, some no' memory sticks into your laptop. . .jeez, guy,
wha's up wid dat. You a "frustrated" pro or sumpt'n?

What's with the attitude? I was asking about upgrading an old laptop in a
hardware group.

One of the nice answers I got was that 4 gig RAM is generally enough and
other answers I got told me it wouldn't work with my chipset. I just
explain why I could use more RAM with THAT laptop.

It's good manner to give feedback when you ask a question on USENET and
the matter is solved.

You seem to have a nice setup.