Old March 13th 21, 05:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Rene Lamontagne

Default Why is this HDD so small?

On 2021-03-12 9:27 p.m., micky wrote:
Why is this so small?

Alternatively, why aren't they all so small?
Less than 4" x 1 1/4" x 1/3".

Is it a real HDD, a spinner, with a rotating platter? It calls it a
harddrive more than once, and never uses SSD, etc. but it's so small.

https://www.amazon.com/External-Hard...9&sr=1-11&th=1

What about that it has no brand name? Would you buy it for a backup
drive?

For file backup, is a real 2.5" external drive better for backup?
external 2.5" HDD, SSD, 3.5" HDD in a dock

No, not a spinner, some kind of SSD crammed into a small aluminum body
The brand name of that one is 'Aitaton' I see a lot of similar ones on
Amazon.
I don't know how good they are as I have never used one, Also not enough
info to make an informed guess.

Rene