Old March 10th 21, 10:11 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Carlos E.R.

Default How it is possible

On 08/03/2021 00.30, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 at 16:12:25, micky wrote (my
How it is possible that one SSD is 17 times as fast as another but costs
less?Â*Â* Both are 240G.Â*Â* Why would anyone buy the slower one (like I did
last summer)?

[]
In the comparison list of the first one, 4 of them side by side, half
way to the bottom of the page, 2 others are the same speed as the first,
but the second one is 17 times as fast.

In a similar side-by-side comparison list on the second page, the same
thing is true.Â* Only the PNY is so fast, and for less money.Â* Does PNY
know something the others don't know.

Even leaving aside Jeff's point about bits versus bytes, speed isn't the
only important parameter for and SSD: there are probably many, but the
one that bugs me is the tolerated number of writes - which for the same
size SSD in the same machine/use, more or less maps to lifetime. You
also need to know how they behave when they reach their end of life: do
they continue trying to work (I don't think any), switch to read-only,
or just become a brick (at least one make/range does).

Which one bricks? That's important to know.

--
Cheers, Carlos.