Old March 7th 21, 11:53 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
nospam

Default How it is possible

In article , J. P. Gilliver (John)
wrote:

Even leaving aside Jeff's point about bits versus bytes, speed isn't the
only important parameter for and SSD: there are probably many, but the
one that bugs me is the tolerated number of writes - which for the same
size SSD in the same machine/use, more or less maps to lifetime.

an ssd will very likely outlast the computer it's in, certainly a lot
longer than a spinning hard drive would have, and with a lot less noise
and heat.

You
also need to know how they behave when they reach their end of life: do
they continue trying to work (I don't think any), switch to read-only,

many do.

or just become a brick (at least one make/range does).

that's what backups are for.

drive failure is not unique to ssd. hard drives crashed, often without
warning.