Old November 19th 20, 10:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Mark Lloyd[_6_]

Default Is cable both power and data?

On 11/18/20 10:33 AM, micky wrote:
I have a Y-shaped USB cable, 18" long, with type A at one end and the
two previously most common mini's at the other end, the one that used to
be used for cell phones and the other slightly bigger one.

All 3 ends have the USB logo in the plastic.

Doesn't that mean it's both power and data?

If it were power only, it should not have the logo, right?

I have a charge-only cable (A to mini-B). It is marked with the USB logo
at both ends. I might have gotten this cable with an old phone that
wouldn't charge with a normal power/data cable.

[snip]

--
36 days until the winter celebration (Fri, Dec 25, 2020 12:00:00 AM for
1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Martyrs have been sincere. And so have tyrants. Wise men have been
sincere. And so have fools." [E. Haldeman-Julius, "The Church Is a
Burden, Not a Benefit, In Social Life"]