Old August 24th 20, 01:03 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

Default Is there an option to completely shut off a Windows 10 desktop (not just go to sleep, hibernate, or fastboot)?

On 8/23/2020 4:20 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
How can we set Windows to completely shut off after a period of inactivity?

Due to a longstanding unknown hardware problem, my desktop never wakes up
from a BSOD if "hibernation" or "fastboot" is enabled so I turned them off.
o Windows 10 BSOD indicates a hardware problem - but what hardware is the problem?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/u0ay9h777Wg

What I'd like though is for the desktop to COMPLETELY SHUT OFF after a
given time of inactivity (for example, an hour or so).
o Not sleep.
o Not hibernate.
o Not fastboot.

But completely shut off. Fully. Completely. No power to the motherboard.
o Does that option even exist?

Power options seem to only be for "sleep" & not "completely power down".
o Win+R Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options
"Put the computer to sleep"

How can we set Windows to completely shut off after a period of inactivity?

Reinventing wheels are we? Take a look at:

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/schedule...hutdown-timer/

Before you get too deeply into it.

--
Bodger's Dictum: Artifical intelligence