Old July 18th 20, 05:30 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Andy Burns[_6_]

Default Linux founder tells Intel to stop inventing 'magic instructions'and 'start fixing real problems'

nospam wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I know that *I* would have a much poorer understanding of how computers
work if I hadn't cut my teeth with assembler (and BASIC) on 8 bit micros.

that doesn't give you a good understanding about modern processors,
which are far more complex than those 8-bit micros.

But it was a good foundation from where to keep up with progress to
newer processors, and higher level languages.

I just think if you chuck e.g. an rPi at a youngster today they won't
get the same understanding of it from logic gates upwards ...